Are you thinking about, or ready to make changes to your diet and need support?
Do you have chronic diseases such as diabetes or heart disease that run in your family? Would you like to know how your food choices may be able to help prevent
or delay their onset?
Perhaps you are curious about the latest diet trends, like Low Carb or Keto, wondering if they will help you lose weight, or better manage your risk of getting diabetes?
Maybe you have you been putting up with bloating,
abdominal pain and diarrhoea for far too long.
Or you just want to know how to prepare and cook ingredients you have never used before.
Although the practice areas of special interest are nutrition strategies for better mental health (food
and mood), and managing intestinal conditions such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (gut health), we are able to assist with any nutrition-related issue.
What is the Bowral Nutrition philosophy?
We believe that...
- food is key to optimal health
- nutrition advice must be personalised. Your genetics, cultural background, familial responsibilities, and food preferences must all be taken into account.
- our microbiomes
(gut; skin; oral) play a significant role in our health and wellbeing
- you should never be expected to completely abstain from discretionary food. We do not believe that is realistic, and we want you to have a long term healthy relationship
We can help you to...
- investigate your gut microbiome, through our partnership with an Australian testing company, using the latest proven scientific methods
- take better care of your skin
from the inside
- decipher nutrition labels, including identifying food additives, so you can navigate supermarket food shopping with confidence
- shop seasonally, and hence affordably
- swap foods or ingredients in your favourite
recipes for more nutrient dense ones
- prepare and cook nutritious foods you may not have experience with, such as lentils, chick peas, okra, beans, eggplant, quinoa, fish and much more
- understand current diet trends such as Keto, Intermittent
Fasting, Veganism and more
- ensure you are consuming adequate nutrients for optimal health, irrespective of your dietary approach (e.g. Keto; vegetarian; vegan)
- explore suspected food intolerance symptoms: from bloating, lethargy or migraines,
to behavioural issues in children and much more, We will help you navigate the minefield of conflicting information resulting from a simple Google search!
Our mission is simple: To help people
feel physically and mentally better through food