Are you thinking about, or ready to make changes to your diet and need support?
Do you have chronic diseases such as diabetes or heart disease that run in your family? Would you like to know how your food choices may be able to help prevent
or delay their onset?
Perhaps you are curious about the latest diet trends, like Low Carb or Keto, wondering if they will help you lose weight, or better manage your risk of getting diabetes?
Maybe you have you been putting up with bloating,
abdominal pain and diarrhoea for far too long.
Although the practice areas of special interest are nutrition strategies for better mental health (food and mood), and managing food intolerance, including intestinal conditions such as Irritable
Bowel Syndrome (gut health), we are able to assist with any nutrition-related issue.
What is the Bowral Nutrition philosophy?
We believe that...
- food is key to optimal health
advice must be personalised. Your genetics, cultural background, familial responsibilities, and food preferences must all be taken into account.
- our microbiomes (gut; skin; oral) play a significant role in our health and
- you should never be expected to completely abstain from discretionary food. We do not believe that is realistic, and we want you to have a long term healthy relationship with food.
We can help
- investigate your gut microbiome
- take better care of your skin from the inside
- decipher nutrition labels, so you can navigate supermarket food shopping with confidence
- swap ingredients in your
favourite recipes for more nutrient dense ones
- prepare and cook nutritious foods you may not have experience with
- understand current diet trends such as Keto, Intermittent Fasting, Veganism and more
- ensure you are consuming adequate
nutrients for optimal health, irrespective of your dietary approach (e.g. Keto; vegetarian; vegan)
- explore suspected food intolerance symptoms: from bloating, lethargy or migraines, to behavioural issues in children and much more
the minefield of conflicting information resulting from a simple Google search
Our mission is simple: To help people feel physically and mentally better through